Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas: COMMENCED.


Christmas: COMMENCED.
Originally uploaded by Samantha T.
Self Portrait Thursdays

This week we pulled out all the Christmas crap from the attic to start decorating. I am not a holiday decorator kind of person. My mom is, but somehow it didn't rub off on me. I guess out of all holidays..... I do like decorating for Christmas the most, but getting started and finding the energy and desire to is always a chore.

Every year its the same fight with the tangle of lights and the Christmas tree and what to put where and who is going to do it. I thought this photo would be a fun display of my love/hate relationship with Christmas lights. I think they slowly knot themselves all year long inside the box in the attic to spite me. I have little patience when it comes to untangling them.

I know this "Christmas-lights-wrapped-around-you" photo has been done before, but here is my take on it. :) And holy crap, this took some abdominal muscles! Not to mention I had a stomach full of Thai food....

188/365

Thanks for sharing in the Self Portrait Thursdays theme Samantha.

No comments: