Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sharp

Sharp by Romair
Sharp a photo by Romair on Flickr.

WEEKEND SHOWCASE

Believe it or not, I used to shave with this. When I first started growing whiskers, 30 or so years ago, I got it in my head that I needed a straight razor to get into the tight places, under my nose, etc. So I bought this, along with a shaving brush and mug, and went to work butchering my face. Actually, I got pretty good with it, but it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off, and I reverted to more modern methods. Yet, every now and then, I'll run a few passes over the razor strop and give it another try, just for old times sake and generally manage to keep my face pretty much in tact.

The topic for today's Our Daily Challenge is "Sharp," which is what gave me the incentive for this photo.

Romair

Thank you Romair for sharing this image and story with the group.

No comments: